Ok,as the name of my blog suggests,I sew too,this is a satin like scarf,bought at Wal-Mart,and I added the roses on by sewing machine.Its embroidery and this design has cut work in it. the white lines have the fabric cut out between them.This is all done on the sewing machine,I do change the thread color and removed the hoop from the machine to cut out the spaces between the lines. My sewing machine is a Husqvarna Viking and I love it. I like doing the embroidery work but I also piece quilt and do garment sewing as well as altering. Not all of my embroidery work is this big,and I have a huge variety of desings.
If you click on the picture you can see a closer look at the cutwork.
3 comments:
Gorgeous!!!! This is exquisite... What a lovely scarf!!!
Wow - that's amazing!! I mostly just sew straight lines and zig-zag with my machine :)
oh, goodness! Your cutwork is lovely! I have only tried this a couple of times and it really takes patience!
Post a Comment